Regulation D Disclosure
Federal Regulations require credit unions, as well as banks, to limit the way withdrawals may be made from a savings/money market account. Federal Regulation D places a monthly limit on the number of transfers you may make from your savings accounts or money market accounts (MMAs) without your physical presence being required. Transfers affected by this regulation include:
- Transfers made using Online Banking or Mobile Banking
- Transfers made using Telephone Banking
- Overdraft transfers (made automatically to cover insufficient funds in other accounts)
- Transfers made by a Call Center Representative on your behalf
- Pre-authorized, automatic, scheduled or recurring transfers
- ACH Withdrawals (Electronic Automatic Payments)
- Automatic transfers to another deposit account at SSSCU
- Automatic transfers to a third party or another institution
You are allowed six (6) such transfers/automatic withdrawals per month, per savings account.
If a debit, of any kind, attempts to clear your checking account, and you have exceeded your six (6) transfers in a calendar month from your savings account, you will be charged an insufficient funds/returned item fee even if you have funds available in your savings account.
Click here for more details.